What We Do
40 years of providing wiring solutions to the changing markets in Aerospace, Defence, Industrial Electronics and Deep Space, has allowed Tekdata to build up the widest range of interconnect technologies, including the novel use of wire weaving.
Click on the link below to view our 40 year history.
We offer a range of competitive 'standard' interconnection processes, including the use of 'catalogue items.' For instance, wires and cables to standards such as MIL BS and DEF specs. Backshells, heat shrink sleeves and boots can be used to create suitable strain relief.
In addition, Tekdata offers special wires and cables, and the use of encapsulation or mouldings to ruggedise or make better use of available space. Many new materials including ZH plastics have been incorporated. The feedthrough and header principles increase reliability, whilst reducing weight and cost are listed as part of ‘Specialised Technologies’.
With our unique capabilities, we can offer turn-key solutions designing to:
- Temperature (-273 to +650°C)
- Thermal ramp rate (>100°C/min)
- Vibration (e.g. 100 x aero spec)
- Ruggedness (soldier abuse, shock, radiation...)
- Flexibility (hinges, robotic arms, slideways...)
- EMC - shielding effectiveness (>Tempest, Land Class A, nearly any connector)
- Weight (minimising conductor and shielding weights)
- Space / difficult routing / complexity reduction
- Water / chemical proofing (outside submarines, hostile atmospheres...)
- Pressurisation / vacuum retention
- Fibre optic link modelling (reducing time to market)
Electronics is shrinking, the interconnects within and without are shrinking and a range of Microconnect or Nanoconnect harnesses may provide the answer.